Knee pain is usually caused by a disease or injury. One of the most common diseases that affect the knee is osteoarthritis. The cause behind knee injury is a direct blow or sudden movement that can strain the knee. Knee pain can restrict movement and hamper the muscle control. Do you know a weak low back leads to cervical pain and knee pain. Most common condition of knee pain is the pain behind kneecaps (Patella). Patellofemoral pain syndrome chondromalacia patella arthritis behind the kneecap has common complaints of pain while climbing up stairs or coming downstairs. Sitting crossed legs for long periods or when you wear heels may bring pain. We have a team of experts who provides knee pain treatment in Delhi. Common reasons for Patellofemoral Joint Pain (knee pain) are listed below:
- One of the major reasons is WEAK quadriceps muscle; especially the medial side muscle shifts the patella because of weakness out of its ALIGNMENT.
- Another reason is weak glutes medius leading to drooping pelvis and thus results in knee pain.
- While walking weight of the body is shifted too much in front of the centre of gravity that leads to this problem.
- Another reason can be wearing improper heels that puts excessive load on the kneecaps and thus causes knee pain.
- Prolonged standing in the malls while shopping with improper shoes or even in party can cause knee pain.
- If you are not doing regular stretching at home or you don’t follow any routine of exercise program after you have turned 30+ then use it as a red alert signal!
How is it diagnosed?
The diagnosis of knee pain is done on the basis of the symptoms, past medical history and physical examination. In some cases, X-rays and MRI can be done to evaluate further. Tests are conducted to further examine the problem like:
- Pain while bending your knee
- Weakness in muscle in the knee
- Difficulty in standing and sitting
- Tenderness at the knee joint
What we do at Phyworld
- Muscle release
- Muscle strengthening
- Deeping acupuncture
- Dry Needling
- Ift (Interferential Therapy Indications)
- Laser therapy
- Dynamic taping is the latest concept to ALIGN YOUR KNEE CAP take away the pain and get back to your function
How can a physical therapist help?
According to the evaluation, your therapist will customize program for rehabilitation that will include some knee exercises. So, if you are suffering from knee pain then you can get help from Phyworld to strengthen your knee without any risk of further damage. Schedule an appointment today to maintain health of your knee.