One of the major problems that result in chronic low back pain is weak abdominal muscle as abdominal muscles are the front presenter of your spine. So, if they are weak, the structure they support (i.e. your back muscles) will also be weak. The role of core muscle is up keeping and stabilizing the spine. These are also called as the deep trunk muscles. It is essential to provide strength to these muscles with the help of core strengthening exercises. Core strengthening focuses on development of strong abdominal muscles that helps in reducing the back pain and you will be less likely to injure your back muscle. It further helps in teaching proper alignment of spine.
BACK WITH WEAK CORE BACK WITH STRONG CORE
It is very easy to prevent back pain that is caused by straining of muscles by maintain a good posture and developing strength of core muscle. Along with this few techniques can be used to stay away from back pain as explained below:
1. REGULAR STRETCHING: Stretching everyday for few minutes can help in prevention of back pain.
2. MONITOR YOUR WEIGHT: If you are overweight, you are likely to get low back pain. So, make sure you maintain a healthy weight.
3. HAVE SUFFICIENT SLEEP: It is necessary to have 8 hours of sleep every night. Our spine also needs rest just like our mind. So, make sure you take enough sleep.
SIGNIFICANCE OF CORE STRENGTH
Core is the center of your body. It needs good strength to support weight of your body. So, it is essential to add core-strengthening exercises to your daily exercises. This will help to provide strength to your back and neck. Core strengthening exercises should be done in a way so that it focuses on all the muscles of abdomen equally and involves the major muscles of your abdomen.
CORE STRENGTHENING EXERCISES FOR BACK PAIN
Below is the core strengthening exercises that will be effective for your back pain and help you develop strong abdominal muscles. Listen to your body and stop immediately if something doesn’t feel right.
1. ELBOW PLANK
· Lie down on your stomach in a straight line.
· Keep your elbows at 90-degree angle and close to sides of your body.
· Rest your forearms on the floor.
· Now, with the help of our forearms push your body up and down. Make sure you keep your body in a straight line and don’t let your backdrop.
· During the exercise don’t forget to engage your core muscles.
· Hold for 30 seconds, release and repeat.
2. ABDOMINAL CRUNCHES
• Lie on your back with bent knees and flat feet on the floor.
• Place your hands at the back of your head with wide elbows. Inhale and then as you exhale, use the strength of your abdominal muscles to raise your head, neck and upper chest from the floor.
• Inhale as you go back to the floor and repeat.
• Do three sets of 10 abdominal crunches every day.
3. PUSH UPS
• Lie down on your stomach in a straight line.
• Place your hands on the floor so that they are at a higher level then your shoulders. The hands should also be placed wider than the shoulders.
• Now, lift your body and balance it on your toes and hands by keeping your back straight.
• Lower your body by bending your elbows till they are 90 degree. Push back up using strength of your arms, upper back and chest muscles and repeat.
We at Phyworld develop a specific exercise plan that involves core-strengthening exercises and flexibility exercises that helps to keep your spine healthy ad helps you keep a good posture. By doing these exercise along with your daily exercises will help you provide overall body strength. We provide the best back pain treatment in Delhi.
Dr. Vandana JaiSingh is a renowned physiotherapist in Delhi and her team have exceptional skills in managing such tasks successfully with ease and thus makes the impossible possible