Few things can ruin a vacation faster than a sore neck or back. Here are the few tips to avoid back pain from driving, sitting in a car, flying or sleeping somewhere new.
- Motion is lotion for your body !
- Use the 30 min rule, change position.
- Take regular stretch breaks
- Do simple exercises whilesaeted to help keep your back from getting stiff
2. Manage your stress.
- Dont hesitate to ask for help, like lifting bags to overhead compartment
- Plan ahead
- Practice deep breathing techniques.
3. Make simple changes to prevent pain to flare up.
- Use proper support while travelling in a car
- When you are lifting heavy items off ground, use wide stance with your feet and squat down using your legs.
- When standing in lines, keep your weight equal between both feet, shift your weight back and forth.